With Christmas just around the corner, everyone knows that it’s the time of giving and spending precious time with your loved ones, but it can also be very stressful for many as people can start to feel the financial crunch of the holidays.
- Set a Budget – The first thing you need to do in order to set out your budget of what you can afford and then write a list of all the family and friends you will be buying gifts for and allocate an amount for each person. This way you can have an idea of how much money you need to save or put away each month leading up to Christmas. Also, by setting a budget it can help you avoid from overbuying and come as a creative challenge.
- Take Advantage of Vouchers and Voucher Codes – People tend to forget about their accumulation of vouchers over periods of time, as well as points they have received. When purchasing your Christmas gifts make sure to check if you have anything that can help reduce the cost of your item. Also, look around and sign up to different sites to see if there are any codes or websites such as Groupon and vouchercodes.co.uk that could help you save on gifts.
- Do Your Research – It can do you no harm in taking your time to look around for the right deals or places to purchases your gifts. Take advantage and look at the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals to see where the best place to purchase your gift is. Taking and allocating your time to do the research can save you money.
- Get Crafty – Being creative and doing DIY projects is a great option to save you money on gifts while adding a personal touch to make that gift feel extra special. Some examples include, homemade necklaces, Mason Jar Cocktail Kits, baked goods and decorated mugs.
- Encourage Gift Exchanges – An easy and fun way to save on Christmas gifts is to do Secret Santa or any other form of gift exchange where you shop for just one person. This way can really help you save on gifts and can allow you to buy a more meaningful and more expensive gifts, rather than buying several less meaningful gifts for various people. This would really work well for your office and large families, especially ones with several siblings.